Beth Shalom depends on a dedicated team of volunteers who work on committees that manage many aspects of our synagogue. We are always looking for new ideas and participants!
- Tikkun Olam - Our Social Action Committee works to integrate the synagogue into the larger community and focus on issues that help to better our Baton Rouge community and world. In late 2016, Beth Shalom joined the group "Together Baton Rouge" to help us in this mission of integrating Jewish values into the world.
- Membership - This committee works to enhance our membership base, insuring that BSS maintains its strength and vitality, and organizing events to maintain excitement.
- Ritual - Beth Shalom prides herself on her dynamic worship and prayer services. This committee meets frequently to insure we are staying relevant and meaningful, integrating music and other elements into services.
- Education - We have a newly revamped Religious Education Program for children, Jewish Journeys. This committee helps create new and dynamic programs for children of all ages.
- House - This committee helps to keep our beautiful synagogue in tip-top shape, responding to evolving needs and demands.
- Cemetery - Beth Shalom owns its own cemetery offering beautiful and serene plots for our members and other people in the community.
- Web/Social Media - We are very proud of our website and Social Media presence via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We strive to keep everything updated, relevant, and dynamic. Let us know how we're doing!
- Finance - The Synagogue has many expenses and financial demands, requiring diligent management and supervision.
- Personnel - We are a small synagogue, but with several full-time staff and clergy that allow our synagogue and school to exist and flourish. This committee insures that we are always meeting our personnel needs.
- Rayner Council - The Rayner Early Education Center is an integral part of Beth Shalom Synagogue. Through this Council, we insure integration, good communication, and best practices.
- Yachad - Beth Shalom Synagogue's new Caring Committee. If members of our community are in need of any type of assistance, whether visitation, transportation to synagogue, meals, etc, Yachad (meaning "Together" in Hebrew) springs to action.