Beth Shalom depends on a dedicated team of volunteers who work on committees that manage many aspects of our synagogue. We are always looking for new ideas and participants!
- Tikkun Olam – Our Social Action Committee works to integrate the synagogue into the larger community and focus on issues that help to better our Baton Rouge community and world. In late 2016, Beth Shalom joined Together Baton Rouge to help us in this mission of integrating Jewish values into the world.
- Membership – This committee works to enhance our membership base, ensuring that BSS maintains its strength and vitality, and organizing events to maintain excitement.
- Ritual – Beth Shalom prides herself on her dynamic worship and prayer services. This committee meets frequently to ensure we are staying relevant and meaningful, integrating music and other elements into services.
- Education – We have a newly revamped Religious Education Program for children, Jewish Journeys. This committee helps create new and dynamic programs for children of all ages.
- House – This committee helps to keep our beautiful synagogue in tip-top shape, responding to evolving needs and demands.
- Web/Social Media – We are very proud of our website and Social Media presence via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We strive to keep everything updated, relevant and dynamic. Let us know how we’re doing!
- Finance – The Synagogue has many expenses and financial demands, requiring diligent management and supervision.
- Personnel – We are a small synagogue, but we have several full-time staff and clergy that allow our synagogue and school to exist and flourish. This committee ensures that we are always meeting our personnel needs.
- Rayner Council – The Rayner Early Education Center is an integral part of Beth Shalom Synagogue. Through this Council, we ensure integration, good communication and best practices.
- Yachad – Beth Shalom Synagogue’s Caring Committee. If members of our community need any type of assistance, whether visitation, transportation to synagogue, meals, etc., Yachad (meaning “Together” in Hebrew) springs to action.
If you are interested in participating, please email email@example.com or call 225-924-6773.