The Alfred G. Rayner Learning Center was founded in 1984 to provide daily care for infants and young children. From its fledgling origins, the school has evolved into a multi-level day care and learning center for pre-kindergarten children.
The focus of our programming:
- Emphasizes Judaism, its customs and culture
- Builds language skills
- Develops gross and fine motor skills
- Fosters critical thinking
- Encourages positive social interactions
- Nurtures creativity and curiosity
Our program also offers:
- Music classes taught by a certified teacher
- Mousercise, a floor-based gymnastics program
- Annual speech, hearing and vision screenings
- Visits from the fire department, zoo, library, dentist and others
- Parent education nights
- Daily reports and photos sent to your email or phone via Preschool2Me app
The Alfred G. Rayner Learning Center provides a healthy functional physical environment, a structured, progressive, developmentally appropriate curriculum and skilled, knowledgeable teachers.
From infancy to preschool your child will engage in exciting learning activities specifically designed to meet their needs and help them develop in all areas.
Pre-K children play cooperatively in our ExploreYard, an outdoor, hands-on classroom for experiential education. The ExploreYard includes a Sound Wall for musical exploration, a Patio Playhouse, Sand tables, Nature Exploration, a Stage for Dramatic Play, a Toy car track, a Bucket scale for STEM exploration, and more!
The Rayner Center emphasizes Judaism, its customs and culture, including holidays like Sukkot, a harvest festival. Here some of our children are playing in a sukkah, the three-side structure used during the holiday.
Our older children attend Shabbat services each week.
Mousercise is a weekly floor-based gymnastics program that allows children to develop their motor skills and balance.
Children enjoy the slide on our playground. Our playgrounds are designed for young toddlers, older toddlers and pre-schoolers, with age-appropriate playing and climbing equipment in each. All three areas are covered to allow us to enjoy outdoor play year-round.
Contact the Rayner Center
Director: Bridget Connor-Feldbaum
Address: 9111 Jefferson Hwy. Baton Rouge, LA 70809